Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Graduation Thank You and Graduation Card, Father's Day also

First I would like to show you the thank you cards I made for Carl's Graduation.  So if you attended his party or sent a card and do not want to see the card, don't look and come back after you've received it in the mail. 

Right, I knew you'd look anyway.

This was fun to make.  I used my cuddlebug and embossing folders and embossed the gold paper with D'vine Design.  Then I embossed the black strips with dots.  I made my own glimmer mist and glimmered the black strips also.  The picture doesn't do it justice, but it really shimmers.  I layered the silhouette of the graduate and popped the maroon layer with pop dots.  Thank you font is one I downloaded from dafont.com and it's called Black Rose.  I really like it.  Next time I will try shadowing this font.  Anyway, hope you enjoy the card.















The next card is for my niece who also graduated this year.  It's simple but elegant I think.  The scroll is from A Child's Year and I double cut and handcut out the ribbon.  Then I tied a real ribbon into a bow and glued it on top.  The Sentiments are also using the Black Rose font.  I really like this font.

I haven't done too many shaped cards so I thought I'd try one.  Didn't turn out too bad.
Well, I hope you enjoyed my little card making and hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment