Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Movie Night

Ok...I've really been lacking on posting things to my blog so I have decided to take at least one day a week and make it blog day.  I have challenged myself to post something every Tuesday and I hope to keep that challenge alive.  LOL

So here goes...

Some friends of ours watched our animals and house while we were away in Colorado to watch our daughter get married.  (I will be posting pictures of this as well soon)  I wanted to give them something for doing that and they wouldn't accept cash.  I know they like to watch movies so I came up with a "movie night" container.  I've seen a few different ideas out on all my fantastic blogs that I follow and came up with my own version.  I did not have a tin like most everyone uses, but I have collected a bunch of these plastic containers I get from work for free.  Free is always a good thing and by using these I am also doing my part in keeping up with the "green" affect.  I will fill the container with 2 packages of microwave popcorn, 2 movie sized candies, and I am including a gift card so they can rent a few movies and have a great evening at home together.  After they have used the items, they can then use the container to put their loose change in and save for another "movie" night.  I know how expensive it can be to go to the movies so I thought at least this way the container can be kept and reused again and again...Still going for that "green" affect. Great idea huh?

Hope you enjoyed this small display of my creativity and hope to see you again next week.
God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment