Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Halloween Pumpkins

With the halloween season just around the corner, I wanted to make some pumpkins.  I used a scallop cut file for the pumpkins.  I sponged them to give them some depth.  Then I folded them and glued together.  My DS inserted the pipe cleaners in the middle and I attached a leaf.  Viola...pumpkins.  Much less messy than carving.  But,
speaking of pumpkins.  Our pumpkin
patch is almost done.  If you have been
following my blog you know we grew
our own pumpkins this year.  Well, the big one is now too big for us to carry.  When we finally take them off the vines, which will be by Friday since we are supposed to have a heavy frost, we will need to use the lawn mower and tractor to carry it up to the house.  Oh my!  It was great watching them grow.  We sold a couple and will use therest for carving or painting and hopefully my favorite neighbor will bake us a pumpkin pie.  I won't eat it, but the rest
of the family will.

1 comment:

  1. What about the pregnant part of your family who LOVES pumpkin pie when she's not pregnant... I think she would like some of that pie.

    ReplyDelete