Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Emilee's Diaper Cake II - Outside Project - Pumpkin Patch

Okay, so I just thought that the "diaper cake" looked more like a tower and I just did not like it.  So I fixed it.  Imagine, you can fix something when you are crafting.  Anyway, I added another round of diapers to the bottom two tiers and it became fatter.  LOL  I guess I should have known that to begin with.  Anyway, I am much more pleased with it.
So, onto my other "project" I've been teasing you with - well, it's still not done.  First the weather was a factor, (hint - it's an outside project).  Then the embellishment did not work the way I thought it would.  So now I have to figure out something else.  I really should have this done by Sunday or else I might just have to sit down and cry for a while.  Nah, that won't do any good either.  Oh well, I guess I will just continue to think.  Thinking....
So this last spring my darling son and I thought it would be cool to plant some pumpkins and watermelons..  So we did.  Remember, when you read manufactures instructions, follow them.  The package told me that once the pumpkins germinate to weed out every three.  Well, when they germinated it just did not look like a lot, so instead of taking out every three, I took one out every three.  OH MY!!!  I would guess to say that the "bed" we planted these pumpkins and watermelons in is about a 6 foot by 6 foot area.  The pumpkins have over taken half my yard too.  Too bad I don't bake...we could have pumpkin pie for a couple of years.  My neighbor down the road says she will take some.  Thank goodness.   Needless to say also that the watermelons never did anything.  I think the pumpkins just overtook them.  We should have some good jack-o-lanterns though.  Live and learn. 
Well, that's it for now.  Have a wonderful day and remember, follow manufacturers instructions.  They are there for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment