Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Emilee's Diaper Cake

With my daughter being pregnant and all, I've been searching fun ideas for showers, baby gifts and just because. Well, I came across these wonderful "diaper cakes". I fell in love with them. In a previous blog I told you that my girlfriend's daughter is also pregnant and her shower is coming up, so I decided to make one for her. She is Irish and her baby's room is green, pink and white. So I decided to make her "cake", actually it kinda turned out more like a tower,  in those colors with some shamrocks. The diapers, unfortunately, have blue in them so it looks a bit strange, but it's fine,(I hope). I cut the motives out of my cricut New Arrival cartridge.  I added a few barrettes and 2 wash clothes.  The inside is a bottle of power and a baby bottle.  The baby bottle came with a cap so I "paper clipped" it the the left side and added a little "dress" to embellish it.  Anyway, making this was so much fun and even my 9 year old son helped roll the diapers. I hope you enjoy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment