Thursday, August 20, 2009

God Bless the USA



Okay, so as most of you know, I am still a newbie to blogging. I was told I should blog at least once a week, but daily would be better. Well, daily is probably going to be impossible, but I will try the best I can.

I am a fanatic of anything Red, White and Blue and anything to do with America, USA. In fact, my dining room is decorated entirely of red, white and blue. My daughter had told her finance that when she goes into the dining room she thinks of it as a big firecracker. My husband says I don't have enough wall space to add anymore, so therefore I should take something down everytime I get something new. I just rearrange. I just make sure it all fits.

Anyway, now to why I am writing this. I wanted to make a cake plate. I went to a thrift store and bought a glass candle holder and a glass plate. I used my cricut to cut out God Bless the USA and some images from my Stand and Salute cartridge using vinyl. Actually, I used contact paper I got from the dollar store. Do you think I am frugal? I then adhered the vinyl to the plate and used my glass etching to apply to the open areas of the vinyl. After the glass was etched I used E6000 to attach the plate to the candle holder and voila...a cake plate for under $3. I just love it.

Enjoy your day.





No comments:

Post a Comment